Sunday, July 12, 2009

How miserable I will be if my imaginary brother exists

I'm gonna start having titles for my posts. Or maybe just this one. Feel like ranting now.

LOL. I used to wish I have an elder brother. Or maybe a younger one. So that I can bully him whenever I can. Well, you can't blame me for that because I'm getting so bored at home by myself. [Put aside my only bitchy cousin for a while.] So I started imgaining what I would do if I had a brother.

But then, recently, I found out about something. If I were to have a brother, I wouldn't be happy at all. Much like in the same situation of how jealous I had been when SHE came into my life. Even a billion times worse. And that went on for... about 8 years or so? Only before I noticed how luckier I am compared to her [even if she gets everything she wants by crying and throwing tantrums]. Okay, I admit. I got jealous of her because she stole some attention away from me. Or maybe ALL the attention because I was supposed to be the youngest. Whatever... I don't care now. All I care is she got a PSP, a camera and an Ipod for christmas last year. [I blogged about this before, but her mom bought me a PSP for my birthday so I'll make it even.]

I got so jealous then. Imagine IF, by some miracle, I had another brother on the way. It will ultimately ruin me.

Flashback to before I was born when they knew the sex of the foetus in my mom's womb [sadly, me]. They weren't very happy to know that I was a girl. Especially my dad. Probably because I'm the last generation of the Law family that is still carrying the Law surname. After me, there wouldn't be any Laws from my family. Maybe a very distant cousin or so. But I can understand that pressure on my dad. He got mad at mom when he knew I was a girl. Heck, everyone wasn't really keen because I was a girl. And years later, made me wish on my birthday to have twin brothers. Shows how desperate they were for another baby boy.

My two aunts, which are my dad's elder sisters didn't persue higher education and yet my dad went to England to study. NOT by scholarship. I don't blame them if they rebel. I once asked my grandaunt 'If I had another brother, who will she pay more attention to?' She just simply answered that boys come first.

What can boys do that girls can't? Why do chinese have that thinking that boys come first rather than girls?

Here are some successful women.

Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton
(born October 26, 1947) is the
67th United States Secretary of State, serving in the administration of President Barack Obama. She was a United States Senator from New York from 2001 to 2009. She was a leading candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination in the 2008 election.

Margaret Hilda Thatcher Baroness Thatcher
LG, OM, PC, FRS
(born 13 October 1925) is a retired
British politician. She was the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1979 to 1990 and Leader of the Conservative Party from 1975 to 1990. She is the only woman to have held either post.

Valentina Vladimirovna Tereshkova
(
Russian: Валенти́на Влади́мировна Терешко́ва; born 6 March 1937) is the first woman in space, now a retired Soviet cosmonaut. Out of more than four hundred applicants and then out of five finalists, she was selected to pilot Vostok 6 on 16 June 1963 and become the first woman to fly in space. On this mission, lasting almost three days in space, she performed various tests on herself to collect data on the female body's reaction to spaceflight.

You get the point.

There's one nilai 'Mengekalkan tradisi kekeluargaan' in moral studies. Does this count?
'Menerima, menghormati dan mengekalkan sesuatu kebiasaan, adat atau kepercayaan yang diwarisi secara turun temurun dalam keluarga.'
Does it apply in this situation? IF it does, its bullshit. Pantang larang or whatever.

This is DISCRIMINATION.

I feel bad that I can't do certain things because I am a girl. [At home]

Don't make me go into what they teach in chapter 4 in the form 3 textbook and explain in a scientific way, that it has NOTHING to do with whatever we are born with.

WTF.

The same with black people. Or us Asians.

Be proud of who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment