Saturday, June 11, 2011

Realization.

I'm beginning to realize that I'm not being fair to myself. You know what? The irony is, I had to attend a 3-day workshop to realize that.

I realize that I wasn't there for myself. I wasn't there to fend for myself when people threw negative remarks at me. I wasn't there for myself when I knew those things were going to put me down later on in life. I've never been there from the start.

I've realized that it's not okay for anyone to talk sarcastically to me. I've realized it's not okay to allow people to joke about me.

I didn't know how these petty things affected my self-esteem so bad that it made me feel like shit.

Every single time people sneer at me I bow down and back off.

I allowed my past to define who I am today.

Sorry, I'm not that old Chien Huey anymore. I will not allow myself to go through those things again. I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment