Friday, December 30, 2011

College Woes.

No, actually I'm gonna talk about programmes and stuff that various colleges offer. So I've completed my SPM and I have no friggin' idea what to do next. Is this frustrating or what? I blame the vast array of options available in the market. Heck, education shouldn't even be marketed and sold. Everything is becoming so commercial these days.

Everyone knows I've already registered for KDU. But after today.. I'm having second thoughts all over again. I'll tell you why. Everything started like this:

1. IB Diploma.
I got interested in this course when I went to the Australian Uni Education fair thingy held in E&O earlier this year. This guy I sat with.. For got his name. He was actually trying to sell me Kilmore International School in the state of Victoria, if I'm not mistaken. And then he told me the fees, which roughly adds up to RM 150k a year. WHOA. K, so Kilmore is out of the story. But then I got interested in the IB Diploma programme, so I went to research about the programme and then I found out that Uplands in Penang also offers the programme though the results aren't that fantastic and I think they offer less subjects? Anyway, all in all, I gave up going for the interview for the scholarship in Uplands because I thought the programme was too tough for me, I was lazy to study for the entrance exam and I'm afraid of mixing with the wrong company.

2. No IB then A-levels lo.
Went to KDU to register for A-levels. I chose A-levels because it's not tied down to one uni or course when I enter because I wasn't sure where to go and what I want to take for my degree. BUT THEN.. BUT THEN..

3. I went to Singapore and found out about JCs and Polytechnics.
And the best part was, after doing a lil' bit of research back at home, I found out that Singapore Polytechnic, Republic Polytechnic, Ngee Aun Polytechnic and Temasek Polytechnic offer Diploma in Biomedical Science. I SEE THE LIGHT. And the best part was, if I take the bond which may tie me down in Sg after studying there for 3 years, the tuition fees are quite affordably cheap. Then I can choose to pursue my degree there or opt to work there after getting my degree outside of Singapore (?).

(?) No prove yet, need to email MOE to enquire.

4. MUFY or foundation.
This is probably out la. Though there is a reason to why it is here in this list. It's because only then did I know how hard it is to enter top unis using A-levels as compared to doing the foundation of that particualar uni. For exp, for what I've found out today, you have to get 12 points in A-levels* to enter into Biomedical Science in Monash whereas if I take the MUFY, I only have to bloody score 40 for every subject.
*Note: A-5 points, B-4, C-3, D-2, E-1.

5. AUP.
So Leelee registered for AUP in Inti. Quite tempting actually. I like America. From the outside. Haven't been there though. The flight sounds scary, the culture seems a bit.. different, I mean, really different. The study methods are also very research based, which I will like, but mummy says it's too far and *coughs* what if something happens to be or what if .. I fall sick. SEE. Always this excuse. But I understand where that comes from. Though it seems like quite a good pathway which is cheaper than Australia and shorter in terms of duration. And it's a sure route to get into one of the 300+ American unis unless you do exceptionally badly.

6. F6.
Everything in Malay. Mai.

So yeah. Blurted everything out here. I still don't know. I don't want to go for A-levels now after knowing how hard it is to apply into uni using A-levels compared to other types of pre-u. Diploma in Sg looks quite promising though. IDK LA.

No comments:

Post a Comment